Hi everyone, it’s great to see you!
*Wow*! The response to StampSpotlight has been phenomenal!! Thank you all *so* much for your kind words and comments – every single one of them made my day!!
I hope you’re all ready for Day 2!
Don’t forget – if you haven’t had a chance to comment on yesterday’s post then there’s still time to do so!! Comments on this month’s StampSpotlight are open until 7am EST/Midday GMT on Friday 8th March 2013!
In case you missed this post with all the info, here are some specifics:
- StampSpotlight is a monthly feature that will run on my blog starting from March.
- The Spotlight will run from the first Tuesday of each month and last for 3 days. That’s 3 days of inspiration!
- Each post will go live at 7am EST/Midday GMT.
- I will be sharing new projects I’ve created each month that featured my spotlighted set.
- Each Spotlight will focus on a favourite set of mine. My aim is to showcase a set from a different manufacturer each month, but it totally depends on which particular stamp I’m wanting to showcase – I won’t be tied down to any one manufacturer and I am not receiving anything from the manufacturers that I do spotlight – it’s all out of love!
- I have asked the manufacturers if they will help spread the word about StampSpotlight when they are featured but this does not affiliate me with the manufacturers in any way. Just wanting them to help spread the word!
- If any manufacturers decide to sponsor the giveaway of the free set then I will explicitly state this.
- Each set I will showcase is one I genuinely adore from top to bottom, inside and out – and I want to show you just why I love them!
- I will be giving away one copy of my spotlighted set the month it is featured! I love these sets so much that I want one of you to get a chance to own one and love it too!
- I will draw one winner after the Spotlight ends
- The winner will be announced the day after the Spotlight ends
All happy? Then let’s get started!!
So today we’re continuing with the Spotlight of the WPlus9’s So 80s set:
Today I’m focusing on the flame stamp in the set. This one is more versatile than you think!
Fun right?! Spot the flame on the second card?! I bet you never thought a flame could make a flower!!
For the rocket card I stamped the flame onto a Stamper’s Select White card base with a mix of Canyon Clay and Summer Sunrise inks, then overstamped with the splatter image using Canyon Clay ink. Doesn’t it make a *great* rocket flame?!
I stamped the rocket from Banana Frog’s Retro Space set using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured it with Copic Markers. This is a retired set from a retired company, and I’ve checked everywhere but this one is completely gone, so I can’t ever Spotlight it I’m afraid! I trimmed out the rocket image and adhered it to the base with lots of Pinflair Glue Gel. Finally I added the sentiment from Boy Basics: Out Of This World using Versafine Onyx Black ink.
For my flower card I stamped the flame repeatedly in a pattern using Versafine Onyx Black ink onto a panel of Raspberry Fizz cardstock. I added some Martha Stewart Onyx glitter to the centre then added the flower centre on top of it. This was just the star image stamped twice and trimmed out. The panel was adhered to a True Black card base and I added a sentiment using my label maker.
Are you all inspired and no place to go?! Ready to have a chance to win the Spotlight set? You know what to do!
- To be in with a chance of winning the spotlighted set you must leave a comment on one of the StampSpotlight posts.
- You can comment on each post of the Spotlight – that’s an easy way to triple your odds of winning straight away!
- You may leave comments up until 7am EST/Midday GMT the day after the last Spotlight post (ie the Friday). Comments received after this time will not count.
- Please keep your comments related to the post and the showcased cards/projects.
- Please only comment once on each post. Duplicate/multiple comments will be excluded from the draw.
- Please do not enter if you already own a copy of the Spotlighted set. That just wouldn’t be fair if you do!
- If you have a friend or someone else who would like to win then feel free to send them in my direction and they can comment, but please don’t comment on their behalf.
- The winner will be randomly chosen from all the comments received.
- The winner will be announced on my blog at 2pm EST/7pm GMT the day after the Spotlight ends.
- The winner will receive a copy of the spotlighted set. No alternative prize or monetary value will be offered.
I do hope you’ve enjoyed today’s post! I can’t wait to hear what you think of the projects!! Thank you all so much for stopping by – I’ll see you back here for the final day of the Spotlight tomorrow!!