Hi everyone, welcome back!
I can’t believe today is the final day of StampSpotlight already!! Time certainly flies!! I truly hope you’ve enjoyed the first in this series and have felt inspired! Thank you all *so* much for your kind words and comments – every single one of them made my day!!
So, Day 3! Bring it on!
Don’t forget – if you haven’t had a chance to comment on yesterday’s post or Day 1’s post then there’s still time to do so!! Comments on this month’s StampSpotlight are open until 7am EST/Midday GMT on Friday 8th March 2013 – that’s tomorrow!
In case you missed this post with all the info, here are some specifics:
- StampSpotlight is a monthly feature that will run on my blog starting from March.
- The Spotlight will run from the first Tuesday of each month and last for 3 days. That’s 3 days of inspiration!
- Each post will go live at 7am EST/Midday GMT.
- I will be sharing new projects I’ve created each month that featured my spotlighted set.
- Each Spotlight will focus on a favourite set of mine. My aim is to showcase a set from a different manufacturer each month, but it totally depends on which particular stamp I’m wanting to showcase – I won’t be tied down to any one manufacturer and I am not receiving anything from the manufacturers that I do spotlight – it’s all out of love!
- I have asked the manufacturers if they will help spread the word about StampSpotlight when they are featured but this does not affiliate me with the manufacturers in any way. Just wanting them to help spread the word!
- If any manufacturers decide to sponsor the giveaway of the free set then I will explicitly state this.
- Each set I will showcase is one I genuinely adore from top to bottom, inside and out – and I want to show you just why I love them!
- I will be giving away one copy of my spotlighted set the month it is featured! I love these sets so much that I want one of you to get a chance to own one and love it too!
- I will draw one winner after the Spotlight ends
- The winner will be announced the day after the Spotlight ends
All happy? Then let’s carry on!!
So today is the final day I’m Spotlighting the WPlus9 So 80s set:
Well, with it being a set devoted to the 80s, I had to bring the neon, right?
I absolutely adore these! Especially the second one!!
For the first card I stamped the sentiment onto a Stamper’s Select White card base using Versafine Onyx Black ink then scribbled over it with some highlighter pens. Instant neon! The stars were created by inking up the star then kissing it against the larger dot matrix-style image before stamping onto cardstock, trimming out and adhering. Love this technique! I added a couple of fun sentiments from the Ad Sense set which just finish off this card perfectly I think!
Now onto my favourite! I stamped the star in the same manner as above and scribbled over with highlighters again. I then stamped the letters from Headline Alphabet using Versafine Onyx Black ink. Simple but oh, what a punch it packs!!
I hope as this first series for this feature comes to the end that you are left feeling inspired! So, do you want a chance to win this month’s Spotlight set? You know what to do!
- To be in with a chance of winning the spotlighted set you must leave a comment on one of the StampSpotlight posts.
- You can comment on each post of the Spotlight – that’s an easy way to triple your odds of winning straight away!
- You may leave comments up until 7am EST/Midday GMT the day after the last Spotlight post (ie the Friday). Comments received after this time will not count.
- Please keep your comments related to the post and the showcased cards/projects.
- Please only comment once on each post. Duplicate/multiple comments will be excluded from the draw.
- Please do not enter if you already own a copy of the Spotlighted set. That just wouldn’t be fair if you do!
- If you have a friend or someone else who would like to win then feel free to send them in my direction and they can comment, but please don’t comment on their behalf.
- The winner will be randomly chosen from all the comments received.
- The winner will be announced on my blog at 2pm EST/7pm GMT the day after the Spotlight ends.
- The winner will receive a copy of the spotlighted set. No alternative prize or monetary value will be offered.
I do hope you’ve enjoyed the first in this monthly series!! Don’t forget you have until 7am EST/Midday GMT tomorrow to comment on all three posts for a chance to win! The winner will be announced at 2pm EST/7pm GMT. I can’t wait to hear what you think of these final projects!! Thank you all so much for stopping by – I’ll see you back here tomorrow for a regular post and then to announce the first ever StampSpotlight winner!!
100% Pure Awesome Friend Card:
19 thoughts on “StampSpotlight March 2013 – Day 3!”
What a wonderful idea to spotlight favorite stamp sets! Love what you did with them!!! I will pin your cards to help spread the word!
ok, neon with this set is AWESOME, scribbling with highlighters? GENIUS!! Really, I am amazed at the high level of creativity you brought with this set! I can't wait for the next installment!
Stars are my favorite – highlighters = brilliant idea!
This is an awesome set — My son JUST left for Navy Boot Camp and I'm thinking a few Your Awesome cards will help get him through it! Thanks for the inspiration!
I LOVE the neon, both are awesome!!!
Great cards, T.! I especially love the "star" one with the Headline Alphas!
Oh, oh… but these stationery quality!! Gosh, girl… I'm so pulling out my highlighters, LOL!!
Great use of highlighters! I also love the stamp kissing
So brave just having a scribble with some highlighters! Really creative, loving this series of spotlight stamps,
OK. So where do I start? Love the neons, love the CAS design, love the way the focal point packs a punch! Fab!
These are totally super fun!!!
You are so smart…I never thought of using highlighters! Love how you made these trendy cards.
Uber creative! I love love your use of the Neon highlighter! Beautiful job you did, Taheerah! It's been such a treat to see your many takes on these stamps!
These took me back to the '80s with that saying and those neon colors! Love them!
Highlighter pens! Genius! And they are cheap and come in so many colors! Love it Taheerah!
I LOVE these! I think your neon cards are what truly had me start really following you! You are truly a talent and an awesome inspiration!
Love the scribble!!! Love, love, love all of your projects with this set!!
OMG! Highlighter scribble = GENIUS to add a perfect touch of NEON! I am inspired and I may sit down today to see how I can use this idea! Love it!
What a GREAT idea!!!! I love this set more and more!!