Hi everyone, and welcome, welcome, welcome to the inaugural StampSpotlight post!!
I am so super-excited to be introducing you to a new monthly feature on my blog! StampSpotlight is something I’ve had in the works for a few months and today is finally the day to kick it all off!!
In case you missed yesterday’s post with all the info, here are some specifics:
- StampSpotlight is a monthly feature that will run on my blog starting from March.
- The Spotlight will run from the first Tuesday of each month and last for 3 days. That’s 3 days of inspiration!
- Each post will go live at 7am EST/Midday GMT.
- I will be sharing new projects I’ve created each month that featured my spotlighted set.
- Each Spotlight will focus on a favourite set of mine. My aim is to showcase a set from a different manufacturer each month, but it totally depends on which particular stamp I’m wanting to showcase – I won’t be tied down to any one manufacturer and I am not receiving anything from the manufacturers that I do spotlight – it’s all out of love!
- I have asked the manufacturers if they will help spread the word about StampSpotlight when they are featured but this does not affiliate me with the manufacturers in any way. Just wanting them to help spread the word!
- If any manufacturers decide to sponsor the giveaway of the free set then I will explicitly state this.
- Each set I will showcase is one I genuinely adore from top to bottom, inside and out – and I want to show you just why I love them!
- I will be giving away one copy of my spotlighted set the month it is featured! I love these sets so much that I want one of you to get a chance to own one and love it too!
- I will draw one winner after the Spotlight ends
- The winner will be announced the day after the Spotlight ends
Enough to whet your appetite?! Then let’s get started!!
So yesterday I shared this sneak peek of the set that would be the first ever Spotlight:
Rather elusive, huh?! Well, the time has come to reveal this month’s set!
The first ever StampSpotlight is…
WPlus9’s So 80s!!
So if you’ve been to my blog before you will know that this is one of my all-time most favourite sets! It’s so versatile, trendy and it’s also underrated!! A perfect first Spotlight!!
It was this set that first gave me the idea for StampSpotlight as well. You see, I was heartbroken to learn that So 80s has been discontinued. Oh, how I wept inside! As I am a little crazy, I rushed to buy myself a spare(!) whilst it was still available (see? crazy). But whilst I was doing so, I thought how sad it was that many people out there would never get a chance to experience creating with this awesome set. And so the idea for StampSpotlight was born!!
Now, I won’t always be giving away sets that have been discontinued, lol. But I just had to with this one!! Someone else needs to have one of these in their stash!!
There are so many reasons why I love this set so much! I am a child of the 80s so this set is quite nostalgic for me! Also, it’s just so trendy. And versatile – works for both masculine and feminine cards, lots of different occasions, and with a little creativity you can get a lot out of those images! Love!!
Now that all the introductions are out of the way, let’s get on with the projects for Day 1, shall we? 🙂
Now I said this set worked for both masculine and feminine cards! Am I right or am I right?!
I created both of these cards with the same basic supplies, just changed it up a little with colours and sentiments!
For the feminine card I started with a Stamper’s Select White card base. I sprayed my star splatter stamp with Heidi Swapp Colour Shine Mists in Primrose and Mustard then stamped it directly onto my base. Got a lovely ombre effect as the colours blended in the middle. 🙂
I stamped the sentiments using Versafine Onyx Black ink onto the base, then trimmed out a piece of True Black cardstock, stamped the sentiment from CAS-ual Fridays’ Rad set (great companion set for my Spotlight set BTW!) using Versamark ink then heat embossed with WOW! Opaque Bright White Super Fine embossing powder. The strip was adhered to the base using Pinflair Glue Gel.
Same deal for the guy card, this time using Mint Green and Tropicana Teal sprays. 🙂
I also splattered on some of the mist for a less clean, more artsy feel.
Fancy being the lucky winner of this month’s Spotlight? Here’s the rules of how to participate!
- To be in with a chance of winning the spotlighted set you must leave a comment on one of the StampSpotlight posts.
- You can comment on each post of the Spotlight – that’s an easy way to triple your odds of winning straight away!
- You may leave comments up until 7am EST/Midday GMT the day after the last Spotlight post (ie the Friday). Comments received after this time will not count.
- Please keep your comments related to the post and the showcased cards/projects.
- Please only comment once on each post. Duplicate/multiple comments will be excluded from the draw.
- Please do not enter if you already own a copy of the Spotlighted set. That just wouldn’t be fair if you do!
- If you have a friend or someone else who would like to win then feel free to send them in my direction and they can comment, but please don’t comment on their behalf.
- The winner will be randomly chosen from all the comments received.
- The winner will be announced on my blog at 2pm EST/7pm GMT the day after the Spotlight ends.
- The winner will receive a copy of the spotlighted set. No alternative prize or monetary value will be offered.
I do hope you’ve enjoyed today’s post! I’m so dying to hear what you think about the series and about the projects!! Thank you all so much for stopping by – I’ll see you back here for Day 2 tomorrow!!