Hi everyone, and welcome, welcome, welcome to the inaugural StampSpotlight post!!
I am so super-excited to be introducing you to a new monthly feature on my blog! StampSpotlight is something I’ve had in the works for a few months and today is finally the day to kick it all off!!
In case you missed yesterday’s post with all the info, here are some specifics:
- StampSpotlight is a monthly feature that will run on my blog starting from March.
- The Spotlight will run from the first Tuesday of each month and last for 3 days. That’s 3 days of inspiration!
- Each post will go live at 7am EST/Midday GMT.
- I will be sharing new projects I’ve created each month that featured my spotlighted set.
- Each Spotlight will focus on a favourite set of mine. My aim is to showcase a set from a different manufacturer each month, but it totally depends on which particular stamp I’m wanting to showcase – I won’t be tied down to any one manufacturer and I am not receiving anything from the manufacturers that I do spotlight – it’s all out of love!
- I have asked the manufacturers if they will help spread the word about StampSpotlight when they are featured but this does not affiliate me with the manufacturers in any way. Just wanting them to help spread the word!
- If any manufacturers decide to sponsor the giveaway of the free set then I will explicitly state this.
- Each set I will showcase is one I genuinely adore from top to bottom, inside and out – and I want to show you just why I love them!
- I will be giving away one copy of my spotlighted set the month it is featured! I love these sets so much that I want one of you to get a chance to own one and love it too!
- I will draw one winner after the Spotlight ends
- The winner will be announced the day after the Spotlight ends
Enough to whet your appetite?! Then let’s get started!!
So yesterday I shared this sneak peek of the set that would be the first ever Spotlight:
Rather elusive, huh?! Well, the time has come to reveal this month’s set!
The first ever StampSpotlight is…
WPlus9’s So 80s!!
So if you’ve been to my blog before you will know that this is one of my all-time most favourite sets! It’s so versatile, trendy and it’s also underrated!! A perfect first Spotlight!!
It was this set that first gave me the idea for StampSpotlight as well. You see, I was heartbroken to learn that So 80s has been discontinued. Oh, how I wept inside! As I am a little crazy, I rushed to buy myself a spare(!) whilst it was still available (see? crazy). But whilst I was doing so, I thought how sad it was that many people out there would never get a chance to experience creating with this awesome set. And so the idea for StampSpotlight was born!!
Now, I won’t always be giving away sets that have been discontinued, lol. But I just had to with this one!! Someone else needs to have one of these in their stash!!
There are so many reasons why I love this set so much! I am a child of the 80s so this set is quite nostalgic for me! Also, it’s just so trendy. And versatile – works for both masculine and feminine cards, lots of different occasions, and with a little creativity you can get a lot out of those images! Love!!
Now that all the introductions are out of the way, let’s get on with the projects for Day 1, shall we? 🙂
Now I said this set worked for both masculine and feminine cards! Am I right or am I right?!
I created both of these cards with the same basic supplies, just changed it up a little with colours and sentiments!
For the feminine card I started with a Stamper’s Select White card base. I sprayed my star splatter stamp with Heidi Swapp Colour Shine Mists in Primrose and Mustard then stamped it directly onto my base. Got a lovely ombre effect as the colours blended in the middle. 🙂
I stamped the sentiments using Versafine Onyx Black ink onto the base, then trimmed out a piece of True Black cardstock, stamped the sentiment from CAS-ual Fridays’ Rad set (great companion set for my Spotlight set BTW!) using Versamark ink then heat embossed with WOW! Opaque Bright White Super Fine embossing powder. The strip was adhered to the base using Pinflair Glue Gel.
Same deal for the guy card, this time using Mint Green and Tropicana Teal sprays. 🙂
I also splattered on some of the mist for a less clean, more artsy feel.
Fancy being the lucky winner of this month’s Spotlight? Here’s the rules of how to participate!
- To be in with a chance of winning the spotlighted set you must leave a comment on one of the StampSpotlight posts.
- You can comment on each post of the Spotlight – that’s an easy way to triple your odds of winning straight away!
- You may leave comments up until 7am EST/Midday GMT the day after the last Spotlight post (ie the Friday). Comments received after this time will not count.
- Please keep your comments related to the post and the showcased cards/projects.
- Please only comment once on each post. Duplicate/multiple comments will be excluded from the draw.
- Please do not enter if you already own a copy of the Spotlighted set. That just wouldn’t be fair if you do!
- If you have a friend or someone else who would like to win then feel free to send them in my direction and they can comment, but please don’t comment on their behalf.
- The winner will be randomly chosen from all the comments received.
- The winner will be announced on my blog at 2pm EST/7pm GMT the day after the Spotlight ends.
- The winner will receive a copy of the spotlighted set. No alternative prize or monetary value will be offered.
I do hope you’ve enjoyed today’s post! I’m so dying to hear what you think about the series and about the projects!! Thank you all so much for stopping by – I’ll see you back here for Day 2 tomorrow!!
41 thoughts on “StampSpotlight March 2013 Day 1!”
The colors! The splatter! so much fun!
Such a fun idea. I love what you did with this set, especially since I had never even noticed the set before.
Your so kicking ass with these cards!!!!!!!!!!
I had to! I love them!
What a fun idea! Your card is pretty "awesome" also!!
Absolutely amazing cards and totally amazing stamp set!!
You are absolutely right! Your cards are awesome, T! This is a great idea!
What a great idea! and so refreshing to see how super excited you are to sharing this new project with all of us! Let the fun begin!
LOVE this idea!! I am looking forward to all the stamp sets you will be showcasing! And this set is just AMAZING! I love the big swoosh at the bottom with the stars coming out 😀
What a wonderful idea Taheera! I love your cards, I love the colors you used for both cards and the sentiments, you are right it's an awesome set that I haven't seen it before. thanks for the chance!
I just saw those Glimmer Mists at the store and wondered how they would look! So glad to see them on a card!
Your cards are super cute! I really love that font that looks like Neon signs. 🙂
Thank you so much girl! I too loved this set, and you've made me remember why! You never know when retired sets might make a limited run appearance. 😉
What a great idea, and I just love what you did with these stamps…What is funny is that I thought the first one would be perfect for a man….so funny…
anyway, I'll be following you for more ideas.
Loving this new feature of yours and the cards are rad! I wish I had picked up this set before it was discontinued (why?!? lol). Thank you for the inspiration and chance to win.
Great cards! This set looks awesome! Love the idea of featuring a stamp set.
Such a clever idea for a monthly feature, Taheera! I heard about from Jingle. Love your cards!
Wow Taheerah! These cards are really awesome! I never tried stamping with spray mist, but it seems such a cool idea and the results are terrific!! Thanks for the inspiration! Did I mention that these cards are awesome? I love them!!
I really love how you've used this set Taheerah and your StampSpotlight is a fab idea, I will look forward to seeing them each month.
This is such a neat idea! Great work!! As a child of the 80s (class of '87), I totally love this set!! The cards you made with it are so fun!! Thanks for doing this!
This is so exciting and I totally agree… kicks ass! LOVE how fun and versatile this set could be and I love your change of colors with your cards, can't wait to see what the next days bring! Excited to be a new follower too! woo hoo! THanks!
looks like my comment did not come through…deleate if it did please. I love the graphic nature of these cards..I can see why you like this set. congrats on beginning a great new feature on your blog. I will be visiting often to see your spot lights!
You are totally awesome. Yes YOU are! Thanks for the great inspiration and a chance to win that awesome set of stamps.
this is an awesome idea! and a great set with great creations!
This is awesome! Love this idea and love this set. Thank you for the opportunity to win a set.
Wow, I just found your blog via a link on another blog and I really love your cards- they are so fresh and clean! Also love the spotlighting idea, good call.I live in the UK and find getting Wplus9 sets quite hard but I do have a few and now I've seen this fab 80s set it's a bit disappointing to think I won't be able to get it. But, it's lovely of you to offer the chance for someone to win a set. Thank you, Rebecca x x x
What a fantastic idea! Genius! And thank-you so much for the opportunity to win a set – now I've seen your fan ideas, I really would love to win!
LOVING THIS! I can't wait to see all of your inspiration with this set! These cards look amazing! Love the new feature, Teheerah!
UBER fun series, Taheerah!! I am looking forward to many more installments of this feature! What a great way to introduce us the set of your choice with YOUR take! I am loving what I see! Way to go!
You sure kicked ass with this series – LOVE it!
Yay Taheerah! I've been looking forward to this series, and I love the idea of the girl/guy cards. Although, I have to say, that girls are Kick Ass too….in fact I bet they kick more ass than guys. haha
What a way totally rad way to start of your Stamp Spotlight! 🙂 Love these cards! The masculine one is just perfect! What a great card to send to a guy!
The 80s are awesome! Bummer this set is being discontinued!
Oh I have this set and totally agree it is awesome! Your cards are fantastic!
Great idea, T.! How fun!
Lovely cards and a great idea for a series. Love the kick ass card- perfect!
What a great idea! I'll be looking forward to these every month. What a great way to start! I ALMOST bought this set, but passed on it, and I'll bet by the end of three days, I'll be really sorry! Love these first two cards.
I already have this set so don't include me in the drawing but I wanted to say how fabulous your cards are! I'm really excited to see how else you use the set. It's been very neglected in my stash so I'm eager for some inspiration!
And congrats on kicking off this new series! Off to become a follower… 🙂
Oh my goodness! I've never seen this set before, but now I know why! So sad that it is discontinued because it's wonderful! So glad you spotlighted it and will be sharing your spare set with some lucky person (maybe even me!).
Debbie at Lime Doodle sent me your way, and I am so glad she did! This is SO fun! And yes, that is a WAY AWESOME set of stamps! Love what you do with them, too. And, it's SO nice of you to part with one of them!!
This seems like it's going to be a fun series you started, Taheerah! 🙂 Great idea! 🙂 All the best.
FAB idea & feature! These cards ROCK & great choice in stamp set to spotlight too. Hugs Bev x
What a fun idea, Taheerah! Your cards are great–I love how you sprayed the stamp!
Yep, that's so right. You totally kick ass, and I <3 you for that! Fantastic feature, fantastic start, and cards that rock big time! 😀