The response to yesterday’s StampSpotlight was brilliant!! Thank you all *so* much for your kind words and comments – every single one of them made my day!!
I hope you’re all ready for Day 2!
Don’t forget – if you haven’t had a chance to comment on yesterday’s post then there’s still time to do so!! Comments on this month’s StampSpotlight are open until 7am EST/Midday GMT on Friday10th May 2013!
In case you missed this post with all the info, here are some specifics:
- StampSpotlight is a monthly feature that runs on my blog at the beginning of each month.
- The Spotlight will run from the first Tuesday of each month and last for 3 days. That’s 3 days of inspiration!
- Each post will go live at 7am EST/Midday GMT.
- I will be sharing new projects I’ve created each month that featured my spotlighted set.
- Each Spotlight will focus on a favourite set of mine. My aim is to showcase a set from a different manufacturer each month, but it totally depends on which particular stamp I’m wanting to showcase – I won’t be tied down to any one manufacturer and I am not receiving anything from the manufacturers that I do spotlight – it’s all out of love!
- I have asked the manufacturers if they will help spread the word about StampSpotlight when they are featured but this does not affiliate me with the manufacturers in any way. Just wanting them to help spread the word!
- If any manufacturers decide to sponsor the giveaway of the free set then I will explicitly state this.
- Each set I will showcase is one I genuinely adore from top to bottom, inside and out – and I want to show you just why I love them!
- I will be giving away one copy of my spotlighted set the month it is featured! I love these sets so much that I want one of you to get a chance to own one and love it too!
- I will draw one winner after the Spotlight ends
- The winner will be announced the day after the Spotlight ends
All happy? Then let’s get started!!
So today we’re continuing with the Spotlight of the WaltzingMouse Stamps’ Woodgrain set:
Today I’m focusing on the chunky chevron stamp, and also a creative use of that big stamp!
What do you think?! I’m diggin’ this!!
For the first card I combined the chevrons stamped at an angle using Hero Arts Butter Bar ink onto a Stamper’s Select White card base, and finished off with the sentiment stamped with Headline Alphabet stamped with Not Quite Navy ink to create a unique 30th birthday card!
For the second, well! With my background in Astrophysics I saw woodgrain and though planet! So I stamped the woodgrain using a mix of Butter Bar and Orange Soda inks. I added some Pure Poppy ink into the mix to create and trim out a Great Red Spot, then finished up with an appropriate sentiment!
Are you all inspired and no place to go?! Ready to have a chance to win the Spotlight set? You know what to do!
- To be in with a chance of winning the spotlighted set you must leave a comment on one of the StampSpotlight posts.
- You can comment on each post of the Spotlight – that’s an easy way to triple your odds of winning straight away!
- You may leave comments up until 7am EST/Midday GMT the day after the last Spotlight post (ie the Friday). Comments received after this time will not count.
- Please keep your comments related to the post and the showcased cards/projects.
- Please only comment once on each post. Duplicate/multiple comments will be excluded from the draw.
- Please do not enter if you already own a copy of the Spotlighted set. That just wouldn’t be fair if you do!
- If you have a friend or someone else who would like to win then feel free to send them in my direction and they can comment, but please don’t comment on their behalf.
- The winner will be randomly chosen from all the comments received.
- The winner will be announced on my blog at 2pm EST/7pm GMT the day after the Spotlight ends.
- The winner will receive a copy of the spotlighted set. No alternative prize or monetary value will be offered.
I do hope you’ve enjoyed today’s post! I can’t wait to hear what you think of the projects!! Thank you all so much for stopping by – I’ll see you back here for the final day of the Spotlight tomorrow – and I’ve definitely saved the best ’til last!!
Est. 1983 Card:
You Are Out Of This World Card: