Hi everyone, and welcome, welcome, welcome to this month’s inaugural StampSpotlight post!!
I am so super-excited to be bringing you the next installment of this monthly feature on my blog! Last month’s StampSpotlight was such a blast and as soon as it was over I was already looking forward to the next one!!
In case you missed yesterday’s post with all the info, here are some specifics:
- StampSpotlight is a monthly feature that runs on my blog at the beginning of each month.
- The Spotlight will run from the first Tuesday of each month and last for 3 days. That’s 3 days of inspiration!
- Each post will go live at 7am EST/Midday GMT.
- I will be sharing new projects I’ve created each month that featured my spotlighted set.
- Each Spotlight will focus on a favourite set of mine. My aim is to showcase a set from a different manufacturer each month, but it totally depends on which particular stamp I’m wanting to showcase – I won’t be tied down to any one manufacturer and I am not receiving anything from the manufacturers that I do spotlight – it’s all out of love!
- I have asked the manufacturers if they will help spread the word about StampSpotlight when they are featured but this does not affiliate me with the manufacturers in any way. Just wanting them to help spread the word!
- If any manufacturers decide to sponsor the giveaway of the free set then I will explicitly state this.
- Each set I will showcase is one I genuinely adore from top to bottom, inside and out – and I want to show you just why I love them!
- I will be giving away one copy of my spotlighted set the month it is featured! I love these sets so much that I want one of you to get a chance to own one and love it too!
- I will draw one winner after the Spotlight ends
- The winner will be announced the day after the Spotlight ends
Enough to whet your appetite?! Then let’s get started!!
So yesterday I shared this sneak peek of the set for this month’s Spotlight:
If you know me at all you’ll have guessed this set pretty easily I’m sure!! I still tried to make it a little more elusive for you, did it work?! Well, the time has come to reveal this month’s set!
This month’s StampSpotlight is…
WaltzingMouse Stamps’ Woodgrain!!
Now now now, where to begin?! I love woodgrain. Can’t get enough of it. I have several woodgrain sets, and still have plans to purchase several more! But this set? This one is something special. This one is truly *amazing*!! Not only is it the most realistic woodgrain stamp image I have *ever* seen, but look how it contains several other, really on-trend images too! Hexagons! Banners! Chevrons!! Serious love! There’s no way I couldn’t make this a Spotlight!!
You’ll know if you’ve visited me before that I keep reaching for this set over and over! It is so versatile!! I’ve already created some really different looks with it in the past, but there is still so much more this set can do!! As woodgrain sets go, this one is a total keeper – and I’m sure you’ll agree with me over the course of this Spotlight series!!
I’m also incredibly lucky this month as well as WaltzingMouse Stamps has very kindly sponsored the giveaway of this set this month! How awesome of them to do that!! Thanks so much Claire!!
Now that all the introductions are out of the way, let’s get on with the projects for Day 1, shall we? 🙂
I couldn’t be happier with these cards!! They combine two of my favourite things – this set, and a nautical theme!!
The first card features a Pressed Greige Linen card base. I stamped the woodgrain onto a separate panel of the same cardstock with Versamark ink and heat embossed with WOW! Opaque Bright White embossing powder, cut it into strips, inked the edges and adhered to the base with Scor-Tape.
The anchor is hand drawn and cut from Smokey Shadow cardstock, pressed into SU! Not Quite Navy ink then adhered to the base with Pinflair Glue Gel. Love the masculine feel of this card!
The second of my cards has a bit more of a feminine feel. I stamped onto My Style Blueprint, Melon Berry and Stamper’s Select White cardstock using Versamark ink, heat embossing the white cardstock with WOW! Clear Semi Dull embossing powder, and onto My Style Blueprint again with Not Quite Navy ink. The stripes were trimmed at different widths and adhered to a Stamper’s Select White card base.
The anchor this time is cut from Stamper’s Select White cardstock, and I used one of the hearts from the Simon Says Stamp Mini Hearts set dies to die cut the hole at the top of the anchor. I added the sentiment from the Studio Calico Americano Add-On Card Kit using Melon Berry ink and adhered that panel using Pinflair. I know that anchors weigh down rather than float but hey, artistic license, y’know? *wink*
Fancy being the lucky winner of this month’s Spotlight? Here’s the rules of how to participate!
- To be in with a chance of winning the spotlighted set you must leave a comment on one of the StampSpotlight posts.
- You can comment on each post of the Spotlight – that’s an easy way to triple your odds of winning straight away!
- You may leave comments up until 7am EST/Midday GMT the day after the last Spotlight post (ie the Friday). Comments received after this time will not count.
- Please keep your comments related to the post and the showcased cards/projects.
- Please only comment once on each post. Duplicate/multiple comments will be excluded from the draw.
- Please do not enter if you already own a copy of the Spotlighted set. That just wouldn’t be fair if you do!
- If you have a friend or someone else who would like to win then feel free to send them in my direction and they can comment, but please don’t comment on their behalf.
- The winner will be randomly chosen from all the comments received.
- The winner will be announced on my blog at 2pm EST/7pm GMT the day after the Spotlight ends.
- The winner will receive a copy of the spotlighted set. No alternative prize or monetary value will be offered.
I do hope you’ve enjoyed today’s post! I’m so dying to hear what you think about the series and about the projects!! Thank you all so much for stopping by – I’ll see you back here for Day 2 tomorrow!!
Masculine Anchor Card:
Feminine/You Float My Boat Anchor Card: