Hi everyone, it’s great to see you!
The response to yesterday’s StampSpotlight was fantastic!! Thank you all *so* much for your kind words and comments – every single one of them made my day!!
I hope you’re all ready for Day 2!
Don’t forget – if you haven’t had a chance to comment on yesterday’s post then there’s still time to do so!! Comments on this month’s StampSpotlight are open until 7am EST/Midday GMT on Friday 5th April 2013!
In case you missed this post with all the info, here are some specifics:
- StampSpotlight is a monthly feature that runs on my blog at the beginning of each month.
- The Spotlight will run from the first Tuesday of each month and last for 3 days. That’s 3 days of inspiration!
- Each post will go live at 7am EST/Midday GMT.
- I will be sharing new projects I’ve created each month that featured my spotlighted set.
- Each Spotlight will focus on a favourite set of mine. My aim is to showcase a set from a different manufacturer each month, but it totally depends on which particular stamp I’m wanting to showcase – I won’t be tied down to any one manufacturer and I am not receiving anything from the manufacturers that I do spotlight – it’s all out of love!
- I have asked the manufacturers if they will help spread the word about StampSpotlight when they are featured but this does not affiliate me with the manufacturers in any way. Just wanting them to help spread the word!
- If any manufacturers decide to sponsor the giveaway of the free set then I will explicitly state this.
- Each set I will showcase is one I genuinely adore from top to bottom, inside and out – and I want to show you just why I love them!
- I will be giving away one copy of my spotlighted set the month it is featured! I love these sets so much that I want one of you to get a chance to own one and love it too!
- I will draw one winner after the Spotlight ends
- The winner will be announced the day after the Spotlight ends
All happy? Then let’s get started!!
So today we’re continuing with the Spotlight of the Mama Elephant On Target Set:
Today I’m focusing on the circle stamps in the set. But me being me I didn’t just use them as they were intended!
You love? I love!!
Both of these cards were created in the same way, and I love the graphic, modern, hip feel of the results! And all those funky circles came from turning the circle stamps upside down and using the solid underneath to stamp with instead!
I whipped up both of these cards in the same way, stamping the circles onto my Stamper’s Select White card base using I Steel Got It, Heather and Limeade Ice inks. For the sentiments I inked up the ‘love’ circle stamp with a mix of Smokey Shadow ink and I Steel Got It ink then added some companion ‘You’ sentiments from a few different sets (supplies below). I love both of these looks but I think the one with the single sentiment grabs me the most! I’d love to know which of the two is your favourite!
Are you all inspired and no place to go?! Ready to have a chance to win the Spotlight set? You know what to do!
- To be in with a chance of winning the spotlighted set you must leave a comment on one of the StampSpotlight posts.
- You can comment on each post of the Spotlight – that’s an easy way to triple your odds of winning straight away!
- You may leave comments up until 7am EST/Midday GMT the day after the last Spotlight post (ie the Friday). Comments received after this time will not count.
- Please keep your comments related to the post and the showcased cards/projects.
- Please only comment once on each post. Duplicate/multiple comments will be excluded from the draw.
- Please do not enter if you already own a copy of the Spotlighted set. That just wouldn’t be fair if you do!
- If you have a friend or someone else who would like to win then feel free to send them in my direction and they can comment, but please don’t comment on their behalf.
- The winner will be randomly chosen from all the comments received.
- The winner will be announced on my blog at 2pm EST/7pm GMT the day after the Spotlight ends.
- The winner will receive a copy of the spotlighted set. No alternative prize or monetary value will be offered.
I do hope you’ve enjoyed today’s post! I can’t wait to hear what you think of the projects!! Thank you all so much for stopping by – I’ll see you back here for the final day of the Spotlight tomorrow!!
34 thoughts on “StampSpotlight April 2013 – Day 2!”
Love that stamping technique!! Totally swooning over the single sentiment one. So bold and graphic!
Love the modern look and fun colour combo!
Great choice of colors Taheerah! Definitely love the modern graphic look! Very inspired 🙂
Yeah, definitely hip and modern! I really like the reverse-side stamping. You are so good with color!
Very sweet! I always forget that I can use the bottom sides of stamps too…thanks for the reminder!
Oh, so pretty! I love the pastel colors on those circles.
Cute! Love circles, this sort of reminds me of one of my favorite PTI sets- Shapes by design. The sentiment card is my favorite
These are great too, Taheerah. I agree with you, I like the one sentiment beauty best.
me likey this A LOT, girl! love love the colors you used and the designs are fabulous! you are an inspiration, Taheerah!
Love the colors and design.
This design would be great for a set of notecards. Imagine all the color combinations….
This is fabulous T! These colors are so beautiful and your designs are perfectly executed.
Super circlicious! I love ME 🙂
I love stamping with the backside of a stamp! Such a pretty card! I love the colors! Can't wait to see tomorrow!
Oh of course it's Mama Elephant! I love their stamp designs!
Very simple and clean card! I love it! Thankyou for sharing and the chance to win!
Wow! Just…wow! So clever and crafty and creative! I love it!
wow another fabulous card!!! Love stamping in two colors in one area! Thanks!
Awesome modern card. Love your clever use of the stamps.
Ok I thought I loved yesterday's sun….but these circles take the cake!!! How fresh and funky…love the mix of fonts you used!!
Love the pretty colors and creative use of circle stamps! I am more partial to the first one simply because I am a simple person 🙂 AWESOME post all around!
I love the possiblities with this set! Wonderful!
I love the colours you chose, T.! These both look fantastic! I love!
Absolutely dotty over these cards and this set! Great colors. So fun.
Love it, perfect!
You are so creative!
These are both super cute!
Super duper clever use of these stamps! The colors are fabulous!
Great colors and I love all the different 'you's that you used!
Very clever way to use the stamps on these CAS designs.
Love the modern edge to these cards and great colours 🙂
Great cards! Thanks for sharing and the giveaway!
Lovely cards! My favorite is the second one 🙂 Such a great idea to use the underside of the stamps to make the circles! 😀
Thanks for sharing & the giveaway!
I'm so rooting for the ME stamps these days, shame I've got so few still! heheh
Absolutely brilliant work, sweetheart!! <3