Hi everyone, welcome back!
I can’t believe today is the final day of StampSpotlight already!! I always feel sad when it’s the final day of the Spotlight, because I’ve so enjoyed getting up close and personal with one set and showing you all just why I love it as much as I do, and it makes me sad to have to put that set away – for the time being!
I truly hope you’ve enjoyed the first in this series and have felt inspired! Thank you all *so* much for your kind words and comments – every single one of them made my day!!
So, Day 3! Bring it on!
Don’t forget – if you haven’t had a chance to comment on yesterday’s post or Day 1’s post then there’s still time to do so!! Comments on this month’s StampSpotlight are open until 7am EST/Midday GMT on Friday 5th April 2013 – that’s tomorrow!
In case you missed this post with all the info, here are some specifics:
- StampSpotlight is a monthly feature that runs on my blog at the beginning of each month.
- The Spotlight will run from the first Tuesday of each month and last for 3 days. That’s 3 days of inspiration!
- Each post will go live at 7am EST/Midday GMT.
- I will be sharing new projects I’ve created each month that featured my spotlighted set.
- Each Spotlight will focus on a favourite set of mine. My aim is to showcase a set from a different manufacturer each month, but it totally depends on which particular stamp I’m wanting to showcase – I won’t be tied down to any one manufacturer and I am not receiving anything from the manufacturers that I do spotlight – it’s all out of love!
- I have asked the manufacturers if they will help spread the word about StampSpotlight when they are featured but this does not affiliate me with the manufacturers in any way. Just wanting them to help spread the word!
- If any manufacturers decide to sponsor the giveaway of the free set then I will explicitly state this.
- Each set I will showcase is one I genuinely adore from top to bottom, inside and out – and I want to show you just why I love them!
- I will be giving away one copy of my spotlighted set the month it is featured! I love these sets so much that I want one of you to get a chance to own one and love it too!
- I will draw one winner after the Spotlight ends
- The winner will be announced the day after the Spotlight ends
All happy? Then let’s carry on!!
So today is the final day I’m Spotlighting the Mama Elephant On Target Set:
Seeing as I am so crazy about chevrons I thought I would close this month’s Spotlight with a couple of cards devoted to that love:
I am going absolutely gaga over these! I love how they turned out so so much!!
For the first card I opted for a muted colour palette of a seafoam green, a champagne and gold! (I know it looks all greys in the photo, but trust me – there’s a hint of a green!). I used the A:Muse inks in Pebble and Pistachio to stamp the individual chevrons, one by one! I stamped the remaining gaps with Versamark ink and heat embossed with WOW! Metallic Gold Rich Pale embossing powder to give that über-sophisticated look. Love! The sentiment is from the Today Was set and was heat embossed in the same manner.
By the way – best new tool I used on this? The EK Success Powder tool! I didn’t have to worry about my pigment inks drying before I applied my embossing powder – I only needed to swipe over the pigment stamped areas with this tool and the embossing powder wouldn’t stick to those areas! So glad I invested in this – the brush applicator made this process so easy!!
For my second card I used the row of chevrons stamp to build up my pattern, opting to fill the whole card base with gorgeous colours with a palette of yellows, orange and pinks! I added the sentiment from Smitten, stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink, and adhered in place with Pinflair Glue Gel. I love how the tails of the flag line up perfectly with the stamped chevrons!! I couldn’t be more thrilled with the results!!
I hope as this month’s series for this feature comes to the end that you are left feeling inspired! So, do you want a chance to win this month’s Spotlight set? You know what to do!
- To be in with a chance of winning the spotlighted set you must leave a comment on one of the StampSpotlight posts.
- You can comment on each post of the Spotlight – that’s an easy way to triple your odds of winning straight away!
- You may leave comments up until 7am EST/Midday GMT the day after the last Spotlight post (ie the Friday). Comments received after this time will not count.
- Please keep your comments related to the post and the showcased cards/projects.
- Please only comment once on each post. Duplicate/multiple comments will be excluded from the draw.
- Please do not enter if you already own a copy of the Spotlighted set. That just wouldn’t be fair if you do!
- If you have a friend or someone else who would like to win then feel free to send them in my direction and they can comment, but please don’t comment on their behalf.
- The winner will be randomly chosen from all the comments received.
- The winner will be announced on my blog at 2pm EST/7pm GMT the day after the Spotlight ends.
- The winner will receive a copy of the spotlighted set. No alternative prize or monetary value will be offered.
I do hope you’ve enjoyed April’s Spotlight!! Don’t forget you have until 7am EST/Midday GMT tomorrow to comment on all three posts for a chance to win! The winner will be announced at 2pm EST/7pm GMT. I can’t wait to hear what you think of these final projects!! Thank you all so much for stopping by – I’ll see you back here tomorrow for a regular post and then to announce the StampSpotlight winner!!
You Make Everything Better Card:
I ♥ This Card: