Hi everyone, and welcome, welcome, welcome to this month’s inaugural StampSpotlight post!!
I am so super-excited to be bringing you the next installment of this monthly feature on my blog! Last month’s StampSpotlight was such a blast and as soon as it was over I was already looking forward to the next one!!
In case you missed yesterday’s post with all the info, here are some specifics:
- StampSpotlight is a monthly feature that runs on my blog at the beginning of each month.
- The Spotlight will run from the first Tuesday of each month and last for 3 days. That’s 3 days of inspiration!
- Each post will go live at 7am EST/Midday GMT.
- I will be sharing new projects I’ve created each month that featured my spotlighted set.
- Each Spotlight will focus on a favourite set of mine. My aim is to showcase a set from a different manufacturer each month, but it totally depends on which particular stamp I’m wanting to showcase – I won’t be tied down to any one manufacturer and I am not receiving anything from the manufacturers that I do spotlight – it’s all out of love!
- I have asked the manufacturers if they will help spread the word about StampSpotlight when they are featured but this does not affiliate me with the manufacturers in any way. Just wanting them to help spread the word!
- If any manufacturers decide to sponsor the giveaway of the free set then I will explicitly state this.
- Each set I will showcase is one I genuinely adore from top to bottom, inside and out – and I want to show you just why I love them!
- I will be giving away one copy of my spotlighted set the month it is featured! I love these sets so much that I want one of you to get a chance to own one and love it too!
- I will draw one winner after the Spotlight ends
- The winner will be announced the day after the Spotlight ends
Enough to whet your appetite?! Then let’s get started!!
So yesterday I shared this sneak peek of the set for this month’s Spotlight:
Probably easier to guess this month, but still not easy?! Well, the time has come to reveal this month’s set!
This month’s StampSpotlight is…
Mama Elephant’s On Target!!
So if you know me or my work at all you will know that I pretty much adore all things Mama Elephant. For a young company they certainly captured my heart at first sight – so picking a favourite set was not easy! However I went with this set as this is the one that first prompted me to place an order, so it’s where the love affair first began! Much more than just a set of targets, this set is so trendy and versatile I can barely stand it!! Perfect Spotlight material!!
There are so many reasons why I love this set so much! The chevrons!! The arrows!! The versatility of being able to create both masculine and feminine designs! The stars, my goodness, those versatile stars!!! It is pretty much, top-to-toe, a perfect set!! Swoon!!!
Now that all the introductions are out of the way, let’s get on with the projects for Day 1, shall we? 🙂
Funk huh?! Arrows don’t just have to be, well, arrow-y!!
I started out with a Stamper’s Select White card base. I stamped the target image using Hero Arts Butter Bar ink and then proceeded to stamp the large arrow and one of the smaller arrows repeatedly to create my sun rays!
I really wanted that sun to take centre stage, so I only added a few finishing touches of the sentiment (from So Breezy) stamped in Smokey Shadow ink, and then adhering some sequins using Glossy Accents. Love how this turned out!
Fancy being the lucky winner of this month’s Spotlight? Here’s the rules of how to participate!
- To be in with a chance of winning the spotlighted set you must leave a comment on one of the StampSpotlight posts.
- You can comment on each post of the Spotlight – that’s an easy way to triple your odds of winning straight away!
- You may leave comments up until 7am EST/Midday GMT the day after the last Spotlight post (ie the Friday). Comments received after this time will not count.
- Please keep your comments related to the post and the showcased cards/projects.
- Please only comment once on each post. Duplicate/multiple comments will be excluded from the draw.
- Please do not enter if you already own a copy of the Spotlighted set. That just wouldn’t be fair if you do!
- If you have a friend or someone else who would like to win then feel free to send them in my direction and they can comment, but please don’t comment on their behalf.
- The winner will be randomly chosen from all the comments received.
- The winner will be announced on my blog at 2pm EST/7pm GMT the day after the Spotlight ends.
- The winner will receive a copy of the spotlighted set. No alternative prize or monetary value will be offered.
I do hope you’ve enjoyed today’s post! I’m so dying to hear what you think about the series and about the projects!! Thank you all so much for stopping by – I’ll see you back here for Day 2 tomorrow!!
42 thoughts on “StampSpotlight April 2013 – Day 1!”
Ack!! The arrow sunrays are just GENIUS!! LOVE THIS!! So fantastic! Way to spotlight this set, Taheerah!! Totally rocked it.
That is a really creative way of using the stamps – awesome job!
Awesome! A sun with a target and arrows? Just awesome! And a perfect sentiment too, Love this card!
I love, love, love this! So fresh and fun…it would totally brighten my day!
Great card, that yellow is perfect!
Clever. I'll say no more 😉
One word: GENIUS!
I have little wooden arrow embellishments but need a stamp set. This one would be perfect. I love you used the stamp.
I love that you made a us out of these stamps great idea with the arrows! Genius!
I love how you stamped the sun 🙂 And that sentiment goes so well with it!
ahhhh!!! I LOVE Mama Elephant!!!! This is so exciting! And the card you made is Ah- mazing!!! How did you ever think this up?! I am in awe and in love with it! Thanks so much, loving these series!
Love that I can comment this month ( I owned last months set)
Love the sun!!! So neat….and it would be great to take out a small chunk of my mama elephant wishlist 😉 !!
Super clever!!! Love the sun! Perfection!
Oh, I love that you chose a stamp set that I own! What a great way for me to be inspired to use it in different ways!
Fabulous card, T.!
oooo I really need this set! My youngest just came home wanting to do archery for school! Love the target and have been looking for a set like this for ages.
Very cool way to use the stamp set! LOVE!
I'll comment but don't enter me to win haha! This is super creative, I love how you are stretching the stamps and using them way past what they were originally intended for! I often times forget to "think outside the box" myself, so this is a great reminder. Thank you for showcasing our stamps beautifully! 🙂
You sure know how to rock a stamp set! So clever…and fabulous!
What a super cute card! Love the way you used the arrow image! So creative. I am so happy that you picked this set. It is on my "I want it!" board on Pinterest. 🙂
Love your card, Taheerah – aahh,those arrows! I am new to Mama Elephant stamps so I'm excited to see all you will create with this set!
Nicely done! You are so creative…it's hard for me to figure out how I can use a set but you did great.
Really like this stamp set! I can think of many, many ways that I can use it.
so cool!! this is amazing, girl! you ROCK!!
I haven't tried Mama Elephant stamp sets yet, but you make a very persuasive argument. This is a great card!
what a great idea using the arrows as rays. Adore mama elephant as well. but have not ordered anything yet. Thanks for the chance to win.
I have been wanting this set forever! I love this set:-) those chevron arrows are super versatile! Imagine the coloring possibilities:P! Thankyou for the chance!
Taheerah, this is such a fun card! Love it!
Super cute card, and brilliant ideas for using the arrows.
WOW, that is super cute! I love the unique sun shape, I would never have thought to use the arrows like that. I love ME stamps and you just made me look at that set in a whole new way! 🙂
Love this happy design and the clever way you used the arrow and bulls eye.
Love mama elephant and love how you made a sun from the arrows!
Lovely card! So creative to make a sun out of target/arrows! 😀
Thanks for sharing & the giveaway!
You really work that ME stamp set, girl! I love love the composition and such creative use of stamps! This card and post is a Ray of Sunshine in blog world today 🙂
This is so cool Taheerah! I love how you created a sun with the target/arrows. So clever! I have this set and love it, so don't put me in the draw, just wanted to tell you how much I LOVE this card!
Love the graphic nature of this set! Your card is fabulous! I don't own any Mama Elephant stamps, but going to head over and check them out more closely! Thanks for spotlighting your favorites!
Beautiful! Your stamping is perfect…I'd have one wonky sun going on lol Love this! Thanks for the chance to win too 🙂
This looks like a super fun set! Your card is totally fun!
Wow, I am SO blown away by that sun!! You really know how to WORK a stamp set!
Love your choice of stamp set for this month and love what you did with it! Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve 🙂
I am with Iwona!
I'd love to have just an ounce of that creativity.
I love the way your brain thinks, my friend! 😀