Hi everyone, welcome back!
I can’t believe today is the final day of StampSpotlight already!! I always feel sad when it’s the final day of the Spotlight, because I’ve so enjoyed getting up close and personal with one set and showing you all just why I love it as much as I do, and it makes me sad to have to put that set away – for the time being!
I truly hope you’re enjoying this series and have felt inspired! Thank you all *so* much for your kind words and comments – every single one of them made my day!!
So, Day 3! Bring it on!
Don’t forget – if you haven’t had a chance to comment on yesterday’s post or Day 1’s post then there’s still time to do so!! Comments on this month’s StampSpotlight are open until 7am EST/Midday GMT on Friday 4th October 2013 – that’s tomorrow!
In case you missed this post with all the info, here are some specifics:
- StampSpotlight is a monthly feature that runs on my blog at the beginning of each month.
- The Spotlight will run from the first Tuesday of each month and last for 3 days. That’s 3 days of inspiration!
- Each post will go live at 7am EST/Midday GMT.
- I will be sharing new projects I’ve created each month that featured my spotlighted set.
- Each Spotlight will focus on a favourite set of mine. My aim is to showcase a set from a different manufacturer each month, but it totally depends on which particular stamp I’m wanting to showcase – I won’t be tied down to any one manufacturer and I am not receiving anything from the manufacturers that I do spotlight – it’s all out of love!
- I have asked the manufacturers if they will help spread the word about StampSpotlight when they are featured but this does not affiliate me with the manufacturers in any way. Just wanting them to help spread the word!
- If any manufacturers decide to sponsor the giveaway of the free set then I will explicitly state this.
- Each set I will showcase is one I genuinely adore from top to bottom, inside and out – and I want to show you just why I love them!
- I will be giving away one copy of my spotlighted set the month it is featured! I love these sets so much that I want one of you to get a chance to own one and love it too!
- I will draw one winner after the Spotlight ends
- The winner will be announced the day after the Spotlight ends
All happy? Then let’s carry on!!
So today is the final day I’m Spotlighting the Clearly Besotted Stamps’ Call Me set:
And as I mentioned before, I’m also giving the die away as well!
So for today’s final project I am showcasing the outline stamp:
I love how this turned out!!
I started by stamping the phone onto Vintage Cream cardstock using SU! Baked Brown Sugar ink (stamped off once) then coating the phone with Glossy Accents for an enamel/plastic look! I restamped the dial and coloured it with Wink of Stella Glitter Pens in Gold then Silver and coated that too. When dry enough I trimmed and adhered the pieces together, adding the same glitter colouring to the cord too!
Next I stamped the large woodgrain stamp from Lawn Fawn’s Woodgrain Backdrops set onto Kraft cardstock and stamped the sentiment from a Studio Calico set using SU! Soft Suede ink. I trimmed this out and adhered it to my Rustic White card base using Pinflair Glue Gel before adhering the phone as well.
Finally I die cut a speech bubble from Vintage Cream cardstock using the Bubble Talk dies and die cut a heart from Kraft cardstock using the Simon Says Stamp Large Holiday Shapes dies, with the heart stamped with the log from Into The Woods using Brown Leather Satchel ink and adhered those to the base as well. Ta da!
I hope as this month’s series for this feature comes to the end that you are left feeling inspired! So, do you want a chance to win this month’s Spotlight set? You know what to do!
- To be in with a chance of winning the spotlighted set you must leave a comment on one of the StampSpotlight posts.
- You can comment on each post of the Spotlight – that’s an easy way to triple your odds of winning straight away!
- You may leave comments up until 7am EST/Midday GMT the day after the last Spotlight post (ie the Friday). Comments received after this time will not count.
- Please keep your comments related to the post and the showcased cards/projects.
- ***NEW! If you pin the official StampSpotlight image each day (the one with the StampSpotlight text on it) then you are eligible to leave a second comment and double your chances on that day!***
- Please only comment once on each post. Duplicate/multiple comments will be excluded from the draw.
- Please do not enter if you already own a copy of the Spotlighted set. That just wouldn’t be fair if you do!
- If you have a friend or someone else who would like to win then feel free to send them in my direction and they can comment, but please don’t comment on their behalf.
- The winner will be randomly chosen from all the comments received.
- The winner will be announced on my blog at 2pm EST/7pm GMT the day after the Spotlight ends.
- The winner will receive a copy of the spotlighted set. No alternative prize or monetary value will be offered.
I do hope you’ve enjoyed October’s Spotlight!! Don’t forget you have until 7am EST/Midday GMT tomorrow to comment on all three posts for a chance to win! The winner will be announced at 2pm EST/7pm GMT. I can’t wait to hear what you think of this final project!! Thank you all so much for stopping by – I’ll see you back here tomorrow for a regular post and then to announce the StampSpotlight winner!!
26 thoughts on “StampSpotlight October 2013 – Day 3!”
it looks like cloisonne (please pretend that there's an 'accent aigu' on the 'e' in cloisonne 🙂 fabulous effect.
Yours is the cutest phone ever! Love all the woodgrain details as well. TFS
Reminds me of the phone in GATSBY..old boy.
Love how you did phone great card.
I think this one is my favourite! It really does look like enamel! It could be a brooch. I also love the sentiment and the speech bubble with heart – it all ties together so well!
Fantastic card! Love the Glossy Accents on the phone!
I pinned too!
Such a cute card! Love the woodgrain heart!
Great card, T.!
And….I pinned it too! 🙂
I just love how you set a little scene for this card! Love the woodgrain table and heart embellishment!
OHHHHHHHH! Look at that phone! I love it! It reminds me of the phone I always wanted for my room!!! ACK! Now I want one again!!! LOVE the woodgrain heart and the table the phone is on– what a fab little card! YOU ROCK!
I love seeing all your cards made from just 1 stamp set! And the wood grain heart is adorable!
I like the wood grain and the use of glossy accents!
slrdowney at hotmail dot com
Also pinned on Pinterest!
Love the glossy accent and wood grain paper! Fab work!
The glossy accents are perfect and I love the little woodgrain heart!
Oh my! This is my favorite card yet that you've made with this set. The glossy accents just make the phone image pop. So cute!
Love the addition of the woidgrain, so creative and the little heart is simply adorable!!!
Delightful card; I can definitely see why you love this one 'top to bottom'!! Thanks for sharing!
Wow, love the glossy accents! Once again a great card!
Adorable card…love the glossy accents on the phone and the wood heart.
Oh my! The colors on this telephone is just too good!!! Now I REALLY want this stamp set! and agree with Chupa, the wood patter heart is so so sweet 🙂
Aww, love the little wood pattern heart! So sweet 🙂