Hi everyone, and welcome, welcome, welcome to this month’s inaugural StampSpotlight post!!
I am so super-excited to be bringing you the next installment of this monthly feature on my blog! Last month’s StampSpotlight was such a blast and as soon as it was over I was already looking forward to the next one!!
In case you missed yesterday’s post with all the info, here are some specifics:
- StampSpotlight is a monthly feature that runs on my blog at the beginning of each month.
- The Spotlight will run from the first Tuesday of each month and last for 3 days. That’s 3 days of inspiration!
- Each post will go live at 7am EST/Midday GMT.
- I will be sharing new projects I’ve created each month that featured my spotlighted set.
- Each Spotlight will focus on a favourite set of mine. My aim is to showcase a set from a different manufacturer each month, but it totally depends on which particular stamp I’m wanting to showcase – I won’t be tied down to any one manufacturer and I am not receiving anything from the manufacturers that I do spotlight – it’s all out of love!
- I have asked the manufacturers if they will help spread the word about StampSpotlight when they are featured but this does not affiliate me with the manufacturers in any way. Just wanting them to help spread the word!
- If any manufacturers decide to sponsor the giveaway of the free set then I will explicitly state this.
- Each set I will showcase is one I genuinely adore from top to bottom, inside and out – and I want to show you just why I love them!
- I will be giving away one copy of my spotlighted set the month it is featured! I love these sets so much that I want one of you to get a chance to own one and love it too!
- I will draw one winner after the Spotlight ends
- The winner will be announced the day after the Spotlight ends
Enough to whet your appetite?! Then let’s get started!!
So yesterday I shared this sneak peek of the set for this month’s Spotlight:
I think this one was pretty easy to guess!
This month’s StampSpotlight is…
Clearly Besotted Stamps’ Call Me!!
I love love *love* this cutie little set!!
There are so many reasons why this set is worthy of the Spotlight. The vintage telephone is so so awesome, and having both a solid and outline version unleashes so many possibilities!! The sentiments are really versatile, but mostly I am just so in love with the detail in that telephone image!!!
Now then, I should mention that this is a mini stamp set. But don’t let that put you off it!! This mini set is so brilliant that it has to live in your stamping arsenal! And it also has… co-ordinating dies!!! Take it from someone who has fussy cut this image before – this is one that really really benefits from having a die!!!
And because it’s only a mini stamp set for this month’s Spotlight… I am going to be throwing in the dies as part of the prize!!!
Excited now?! lol!!
Now that all the introductions are out of the way, let’s get on with the projects for Day 1, shall we? 🙂
Isn’t this just awesome?!!
My inspiration came from one of those ‘enemy’ (store-bought) cards again, lol!
I started with a Kraft card base and used the die to impress the shape into the card front. Love this fun detail – the photos don’t really do it justice!! I then stamped the solid phone using Memento Luxe ink in Tuxedo Black, taking care not to stamp the cord as part of that. I then selectively inked the stamp with Versamark ink and stamped the cord. I highlighted the dial and part of the base with a Versamarker too.
Next I used the outline stamp to offset stamp the outline image in Versamark. I was finally ready to heat emboss all those areas with WOW! Metallic Gold Rich Pale embossing powder for that amazing effect!! In fact, that amazing gold look means I am totally entering this into the Moxie Fab World All That Glitters Is Gold Challenge!!
As some final finishing touches, I dabbed some Memento Luxe ink in Love Letter in the middle of the dial, and stamped the sentiment from Handwritten Notes using Memento Luxe ink in Tuxedo Black and I was all done!
Fancy being the lucky winner of this month’s Spotlight? Here’s the rules of how to participate!
- To be in with a chance of winning the spotlighted set you must leave a comment on one of the StampSpotlight posts.
- You can comment on each post of the Spotlight – that’s an easy way to triple your odds of winning straight away!
- You may leave comments up until 7am EST/Midday GMT the day after the last Spotlight post (ie the Friday). Comments received after this time will not count.
- Please keep your comments related to the post and the showcased cards/projects.
- ***NEW! If you pin the official StampSpotlight image each day (the one with the StampSpotlight text on it) then you are eligible to leave a second comment and double your chances on that day!***
- Please only comment once on each post. Duplicate/multiple comments will be excluded from the draw.
- Please do not enter if you already own a copy of the Spotlighted set. That just wouldn’t be fair if you do!
- If you have a friend or someone else who would like to win then feel free to send them in my direction and they can comment, but please don’t comment on their behalf.
- The winner will be randomly chosen from all the comments received.
- The winner will be announced on my blog at 2pm EST/7pm GMT the day after the Spotlight ends.
- The winner will receive a copy of the spotlighted set. No alternative prize or monetary value will be offered.
I do hope you’ve enjoyed today’s post! I’m so dying to hear what you think about the series and about the projects!! Thank you all so much for stopping by – I’ll see you back here for Day 2 tomorrow!!