Well, I’m trying to play catch-up and thought it was time I posted a couple of the cards I submitted for last month’s GSS!! As some of you may know I managed to secure an Honourable Mention for that month, woo hoo!!!! I’m still on Cloud Nine about it, so thrilled that Nichole liked my work!!
But this post is not that card!! This post is to show one of my other entries. This is the card I actually thought would do well but didn’t get selected, guess it just goes to show you never know!!
I actually created this one at around New Year, so it’s been a while coming! I entered this one into the ‘Best Use of Previous Set’ category and it utilises Beautiful Blooms, Big & Bold Wishes and Guide Lines Two:
I love how bright and cheery this card is!! A lot of work went into it and I’m really proud of it!!
I started with the frame. This was actually a scrap from an old card I’d made ages ago and I’d had some spare. I cut out a shape using my Labels Eight Nestibilities but decided it came out too big, so I cut again with a smaller die and used that shape, leaving the resulting frame waiting to be used on something else! The design was created with Guide Lines Two on Hibiscus Burst cardstock and a few different colour inks – so long ago that I can’t remember which colours now!!
First I applied some spray adhesive to the frame and added some Martha Stewart glitter to it. I then applied a thick layer of Glossy Accents to the frame and waited patiently for it to dry, sprinkling on a little extra glitter while it was drying so that I got a ‘dimensional’ glitter effect. Took *ages* to dry!!
In the meantime I prepared the card base and flowers! I stamped some of the blooms from Beautiful Blooms using Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus, Lemon Tart and Summer Sunrise inks on a spare piece of Stamper’s Select White cardstock. I selected my favourites and cut them out carefully to be used on the card.
I then prepared a white card base. I drew lightly around the inside of the frame with pencil and used that as a basis for where to stamp my inner images. I stamped those blooms with the same combination of inks as for the main blooms.
When the frame was fully dry I added lashings of Pinflair to the back and adhered quite high for dimension. I then applied even more Pinflair to the cut out blooms and adhered them into position so they were a bit higher than the frame and positioned where I thought they looked best. Cue more drying time!! When the card was finally dry enough I stamped the sentiment from Big & Bold Wishes using True Black ink.
I’d love to hear what you think about this card!! As I said before I’m so proud of it and I really hope you love it too!!