Happy Monday! I know, I know, Mondays are tough. We all need a little tonic to help us get through the day. Luckily there’s a new challenge in town to help us do that – the Cure For The Monday Blues Challenge!!
This is a challenge which I’ve created myself, yay me! Every Monday I will bring you a photo inspiration challenge, with images that focus on lifting us out of those Monday doldrums and all inspired to create!! I’ll be asking you to play along as well and linking up your creations! At the end of each week I’ll pick a Top 3 who’ll be my Cures For The Monday Blues and receive a special badge to add to your blog!!
So are you excited to get this underway?! Let’s see what’s up for our first challenge:
NB: better challenge graphics to follow soon!
I *love* the bright colours and eclectic mix of elements in this photo! So so bright and uplifting – and trendy too!
Here’s what I came up with:
I started with a panel of Pure White cardstock and blended Distress Ink in Tattered Rose in an ombre effect, then splattered Heidi Swapp Colour Shine Mist in Coral and Perfect Pearls Mist in Pearl to give a lovely sheen. I trimmed my panel down and added some rub-on stars from the Pink Paislee Luxe Collection.
I experimented a bit with some hand lettering to evoke the photo, drawing it with my Wink of Stella Brush Pen in Black (note to self: *must* get a better brush for this!). I trimmed the words out and adhered to my panel with Pinflair Glue Gel. I added some strips of Heidi Swapp neon washi tapes to set off those colours!
I trimmed a piece of vellum the same size as my panel and adhered to my card base, then added some black sequins, a strip of glittered vellum and some Tiny Attacher staples and that was me done!
So now it’s your turn to cure the Monday Blues! Here’s how to participate in the challenge!
- Create a brand new project using the photo inspiration
- Post on your blog or to an online photo album. Ensure you link up to this challenge post in your blog post and include the inspiration photo
- If it is not obvious how the image inspired you then please explain your process in your post
- Link up your creations to this post using the Inlinkz below. Please use the link to your actual post rather than the link to your blog
- You can enter as many times as you like!
- The deadline for linking submissions is Sunday 26th January at 9pm GMT/4pm EST